SQLServer configuration

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I downloaded the sample code and got error running the sample code. This was due to the SQLExpress edition on my machine. I have old version of SQLExpress which generated version error.

The database 'C:\DEVELOPMENT\NAVIGATION NERDDINNER 1.0\NERDDINNER\APP_DATA\NERDDINNER.MDF' cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported.

After that, i pointed the connectionstring to local SQL server. but i got the following error. 
"The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closed."

The connectionstring in the sample application uses "User Instance" flag which is only supported in sqlexpress.
http://forums.asp.net/t/913172.aspx

I then attached the file databases to my sqlserver and changed the connectionstring to following. and it worked.
<add name="ApplicationServices" connectionString="data source=.;Integrated Security=true;Database=aspnetdb;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
<add name="NerdDinnerConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.;Database=NerdDinner;Integrated Security=True;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

The application looks fantastic and happy to see a web forms application which gives benefits of MVC applications.